Importing Existing Data
To import your data in WKO+, you will need to use Windows Explorer to locate your stored data. You will then highlight, copy and drop that data into the open WKO+ program. Simple enough if you have used those ‘internal’ Windows tools, but for those of you needing specific directions, here they are.
1) Find your data! This will be different for each training device and computer environment (ie, different versions of windows).
2) To Open Windows Explorer: Start Programs Accessories Windows Explorer or right click on the Start icon located in the lower left hand corner and click Explore.
3) Locate My Computer then click on the [+] symbol beside your Local Drive C: (your hard drive). From here, it varies by device type.
4) You will want to take all of that data and highlight it. Go to Edit at the top of the screen and click on “Select All”. This will make all your data “turn blue” or become highlighted. Note: if there are other files within this folder besides your .csv (or .srm, .hrm, .txt) files, remove them. Do not import other files that do not contain training data (for example, do not try to import a .exe file). This will only slow down CyclingPeaks software or may cause a malfunction. Left click on the blue highlighted data, drag the data on to the open WKO+ program and drop (let go of the left click).
5) Please open Device Agent. You can download the latest version of Device Agent here: http://support.trainingpeaks.com/device-agent.aspx
6) Click File > Options and make sure the Save To location is set to WKO.
7) You will now need to drag the files from step 4 into Device Agent. To do this, you just LEFT CLICK on the highlighted files and then DRAG your MOUSE over the open Device Agent application. Then RELEASE the left mouse button. This will DROP the files into Device.
8) Click Save in the lower right corner of Device Agent to send the files to WKO. You will now need to import this data into the correct WKO+ Athlete. Use the scroll down arrow to locate your newly created athlete. Click on the Save button.
9) Choose the correct sport.
10) Your data will start copying into your file and calendar and will be converted into the .wko file format (the file format of WKO+). THAT’S IT!!!!! You are now ready to start looking at your data.
- Here is an screenshot example showing how to do this; although the picture is showing PWX files, the import procedure behaves the same regardless of device type (the only difference being that the files will be located in different folders):