TrainingPeaks WKO+ is compatible with many devices. New devices come onto the market quickly and we update our software as fast as possible. For the latest list of compatible devices, CLICK HERE. For troubleshooting help on a device, click on your specific device from the list of compatible devices.
Below are a few tips for uploading to TrainingPeaks.com:
- From WKO+ athlete's Settings area, make sure you select "True" in the box "Enable TrainingPeaks.com upload".
- Double-check all the spelling on your username and password
- If you do not have a TrainingPeaks.com account, you can sign up for one at: www.trainingpeaks.com
Tips and Tricks
- Can't find a file?
- Did you delete that file from C://program files/CyclingPeaks WKO+/data ???
- Do you have a virus? Scanned for one lately?
- Did you install on a 2nd machine this weekend?
- Changed your 'name' around on the Athlete Home page?
- TIP: Look in C://program files/CyclingPeaks WKO+/data/ and confirm that your data is in there. There should be a file with your name on it, and all the .wko files included.
- Have a bad data/wko file and you want to get rid of it?
- TIP: Using Windows Explorer, goto C://program files/CyclingPeaks/data/your name. Then find the most recent files that could have caused the error. CUT them out of that directory. PLACE them somewhere else (suggestion: make a folder on your desktop and place them there). Then try to re-open. If that does not work, then keep subtracting on file at a time until you are POSITIVE you have gotten to a date that you know WKO+ was working. Then Re-Open WKO+.
- Combining multiple workouts:
- First, open up both workouts and select the second workout. From the Graph tab, highlight the range you want to copy on the graph. From here, CUT/COPY your data out of this workout (use the EDIT link on the toolbar). Now go to the first workout (you will see them both listed in teh navigation panel on the left-side of your screen) and PASTE the range into this 1st Workout's graph.
Below is a list of common error messages that you may see:
- Message: "Un-expected file format"
- Solution: You most like tried to import a workout that is not currently compatible with WKO+, please double check this and be sure that you have the latest version of your the software.
- Message: "Time-out waiting for device"
- Solution: Check to be sure your device is plugged in properly and that you have installed the proper device
- Message: "A valid CD Key was not provided or it has already been used, please check your CD Key"
- Solution: Your registry file has been corrupted
- Message: "Cannot Quit WKO+, Unexpected File Format"
- Solution: To force quite the application, right-click on the task bar and choose Task Manager. Go to the processes tab, locate PeaksWKO.exe, right click and choose end process. Additionally, you may want to go into each athlete's folder and delete the Calendar.dat files, once WKO+ starts again, it will re-create these files.
For troublshooting help on downloading your device, please CLICK HERE for the Device Agent Troubleshooting page.
You can use the migration tool to import your data from version 2.2 to 3.0. For information on how to do this, CLICK HERE.