TrainingPeaks will be down for two hours of maintenance June 19 at 7:00 a.m. MST (GMT-7) as we improve our systems to better serve you.
There are many different things you can now do with the Device Agent!
DOWNLOAD FROM A DEVICE
SAVE WORKOUTS TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
ADD A WORKOUT FILE TO DEVICE AGENT (NOT DOWNLOADING FROM DEVICE)
UPLOAD DATA FROM WKO+ TO TRAININGPEAKS.COM
Download from a Device
- Install the software that came with your device, as this is what contains the drivers (small packets of software that allow your computer to "talk" to your device). Do not run the manufacturers software when trying to download from your Device to WKO+, but it does need to be installed on the same computer as WKO+
- Close all other training related software
- Open Device Agent
- Connect the download cable or wireless dongle to your computer
- Select the correct Training Device Type and Training Device Port (the correct port will have text mentioning "USB", "Serial", or both, in parenthesis off to the right of the com number; or it will default to the correct one that can not be changed) at the top of the Device Agent
- Connect your device and turn it on
- Click "Download from Device" (or "Open Files") in the upper right hand corner
- Once the files have been extracted from the device, they will be listed by date in the Download Window. Select the location you wish to send the downloaded files to by clicking on the icon within the Save To column. Once you have selected the desired Save To destination, click the Save button in the lower right hand corner
Once you have downloaded the data, you will get something similar to the picture below:
- Pencil Icon: this indicates that you can edit information for that specific workout.
- Check Box: check the box for the workouts you want included when you save the data. Un-check it if you want to leave that workout alone and not send it when you click "Save".
- Save to: There are three places you can save workouts to, TrainingPeaks.com, WKO+, and to a file. Click on the icon to change the selection. In this example, all workouts will be saved to WKO+. You can have different workouts saved to different places. For example, you can send the first workout to TrainingPeaks.com, the second one to WKO+, or save one of them to file.
- Clear: will clear the list of workouts.
- Save: will save your workouts to where ever you choose (see #3 above).
- Comment: double-click on this column to add a comment to that workout
- "Double-click activity to edit": Some workouts can be changed, just double click on the information to make changes. For example, if the 2nd workout should be added to a different date, just double-click on the date field and you will be able to change the date.
Once you have everything as you want, click "Save" and the workouts will be saved. If you are saving to TrainingPeaks.com, a "username" will show up after you change the "save to" to TrainingPeaks.com. You can select which userID you want to save the workout to.
Back to Top
Saving Workouts to Different Locations
You can send device data files to the following places from Device Agent v3.0:
- TrainingPeaks.com online account
- WKO+ v3.0
- Disk (ie, your computer's hard drive)
After you download from your training device, there will be a column called "Save to". Click on the icon for each workout and you will have an option to select where the file should go. You set the default location (file...options...save to...), but locations can be changed per workout.
Please note, regardless of what your default "save to" setting is, if you open the Device Agent from WKO+, all your files will default to be saved to WKO+. You can still manually change the "save to" location as mentioned above.
Device Agent v3.0 always will "save to disk" despite your "save to" settings, the files are stored in the following file path locations, depending on what version of Windows you are using.
- Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\[Windows user]\TrainingPeaks\Device Agent\saved\[username]
- XP or earlier: C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows user]\My Documents\TrainingPeaks\Device Agent\saved\[username]
If you want to save your data to both WKO+ and TrainingPeaks.com, we suggest that you first save your data to WKO+. From within WKO+ you can edit the data and add comments, then upload the file to your TrainingPeaks.com account. If you are a Premium Edition TrainingPeaks.com user, you can do the reverse process of: first saving your data to TrainingPeaks.com and then batch downloading the file(s) to WKO+.
Back to Top
Adding a Workout File to the Device Agent
You can add a file to the Device Agent, and then either upload it to TrainingPeaks or into WKO+. This works the same way as saving with a workout that came from a Device. The only difference is how you get it into Device Agent.
Open the Device Agent. Make the window small on your screen.
Open a Window Explorer window.
Go to the folder where you have the file you want to add located.
Make that Window Explorer small, so that you can see both windows on your screen at the same time.
Drag-and-drop the file from the folder location onto the Device Agent.
Now you have the file added and can be saved to WKO+ or TrainingPeaks.com at this point.
Back to Top
Uploading from WKO+ to TrainingPeaks.com
You can upload your workout files from WKO+ into your TrainingPeaks.com account.
- Open the Device Agent
- Open a Windows Explorer window.
- Go to the location where your WKO+ data is stored. Find your user data folder.
- Make sure both windows are small enough so that you can see them both on your screen.
- Highlight the workouts you want to upload into TrainingPeaks.com, and drag them onto the Device Agent.
- Make sure the "Save to" icon is set to TrainingPeaks.com
- Select the correct UserName for the TrainingPeaks.com account
- Click "Save" when you are ready to upload!
Back to Top