- "The New Science of WKO+4, Part III: Introduction of a Superior Approach", presented by Andrew Coggan, PhD. In week 3, criteria from weeks 1&2 will be used to evaluate the new model and demonstrate how it overcomes many of these previous limitations. #3 of 4. http://youtu.be/T4nd_ydgwFU
- "Cyclocross: Fine Tuning for the Second Half of the Season", presented by Andy Applegate.
In this webinar we will discuss how to maintain and even improve form through the end of the Cross season with specific workout ideas and timing suggestions. We will also talk about the demands of cross and how to identify strengths and weaknesses along with thoughts on how to bolster both as the important end of season races approach.Andy Applegate is a Pro level coach with Carmichael Training Systems. He has coached athletes to national and world cyclocross titles and is a two time sliver medalist at cross nationals himself as a masters racer.
- "The New Science of WKO+4, Part II: Limitations of Current Models", presented by Andrew Coggan, PhD. Tuesday November 12th at 5:00pm MST / 7:00pm EST. In week 2, knowledge from week 1 will be applied in comparing various candidate models (e.g. the critical power paradigm) so that their inherent strengths and weaknesses are made apparent. #2 of 4. http://youtu.be/H6_bU5hL9xM
- "The New Science of WKO+4, Part I: A Primer on Modeling", presented by Andrew Coggan, PhD. Dr. Coggan will present a primer on mathematical modeling, so that views can better understand the basics of evaluating mathematical models. #1 in a series of 4. Watch here.
- "Going Ultra: Transitioning from 26.2 to Beyond", presented by Ryan Knapp. You've tackled 5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2 and now you want to go even longer. Where do you start? This webinar will introduce you to the basic concepts of training for an ultramarathon and specifically deal with the transition from marathon training to beyond 26.2. We'll look at progressions to various distances, samples of various training weeks and schedules, the differences in terrain that most marathoners encounter when heading to their first ultra, and incorporating cross training and other workouts into a schedule to keep runners healthy in the transition. Ryan Knapp is founder of Miles to Go Endurance, where we empower athletes of all levels and ages to unleash their physical talent and potential by challenging their spirt, mind and body. His main coaching focus is on trail, mountain and ultra running athletes and is a certified through the RRCA and ITCA. Ryan is dedicated to furthering the coaching knowledge and science in the sport trail, mountain and ultra running. http://youtu.be/ues-praVEww
- "Don't Lose Before You Start" Mental Preparation for Racing your Best on Race Day", presented by Carrie Cheadle. When race day arrives, are you full of confidence and excitement or fear and doubt? Do you put so much pressure on yourself that you don't race your best on race day? What if you could reach the start line of your race feeling calm, confident, and prepared for anything the day throws at you? Your physical preparation will get you to the start line, but it's your mental preparation that will get you to the finish knowing that you gave it all you had that day. This webinar will introduce you to five essential steps for optimal mental preparation to get the most out of your body on race day.
Carrie Cheadle is an expert in Mental Skills Training and a Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology. She works with athletes at every level, from recreational athletes to elite and professional athletes competing at national and international levels. She is putting the finishing touches on her first book, On Top of Your Game, due out late this summer. Visit her website at www.carriecheadle.com and sign up for her newsletter to get free tips and articles on mental skills training. http://youtu.be/hkiaL4Sg1DA
- "Eating Paleo", presented by Nell Stephenson. Nell Stephenson, Paleo LIfestyle Coach and author of Paleoista, Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat(Touchstone, 2012) and co-author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook, with Dr. Loren Cordain, PhD (Wiley & Sons, 2010). Nell is an elite Ironman Triathlete who has raced World Championships in Kona six times with a PR of 10:17 and a marathon PR of 3:01. She has been Paleo for over seven years and works with athletes and recreational exercisers worldwide teaching them how to incorporate Paleo into their lives. For more info about Nell, visit www.paleoista.com. http://youtu.be/9ymooeQ_Xu8
- "Champions are Made in the Off-Season", presented by Dave Scott and David Glover. Bears hibernate in winter so why shouldn't we? Although nature sets an example, hibernation is too extreme for endurance athletes, as we'll lose to much hard-earned fitness. So what should we be doing now for training? Dave and David will share tips and techniques to help you successfully launch a new year of racing so that it's even better than last year. Topics covered include the importance of intensity and strength training plus they'll provide specific examples of swim, bike and run workouts to do. The second half of the webinar will be Q&A. This webinar is appropriate for all endurance athletes with a desire to excel. http://youtu.be/BnoxceTHVQ0
- "How to Break up the Winter Training Doldrums", presented by Jennifer Harrison, Owner of JHC Triathlon Coaching. Winter is a hard time of the year to train outside for many athletes. Jennifer will discuss how to mix up your training in the winter: from trainer rides to different treadmill workouts and even to how to embrace some outdoor activities. Jennifer will provide some key examples of getting in a quality workout in while keeping your sanity indoors. You can have fun indoors! http://youtu.be/TxhKrYgFsIY
- "Methods and Tools for Training in the Winter", presented by Eric Kenney. In this webinar we will be covering: 1)how to find your weakness, and things to consider, 2)Base/Endurance Training in winter and 3)maximizing time on the trainer. http://youtu.be/g2VBd86Uoxc
- "Learn the secrets to unlock your power meter data using our TrainingPeaks WKO+ software by the Master himself - Hunter Allen". Get a power meter for Christmas? Hunter will teach you the steps to downloading your power meter into WKO+, marking up specific areas of interest within the ride, teach you how to make sense of all those squiggly lines, and colorful charts. Hunter will help you setup your Athlete Home Page, so that you are looking at the best charts in order to help you see your progress and make smart decisions about your future training. TrainingPeaks WKO+ is the ultimate analysis software and if you are using a power meter, then you need to understand the basic analysis tools inside WKO+. http://youtu.be/zWE8cc24Ttc
- "How Can TrainingPeaks.com Help Your Coaching Business?" presented by Melissa Schwartz, Manager of Education at TrainingPeaks.com. In this webinar we will discuss using TrainingPeaks.com Coach edition to accelerate your business. Best practices and "real life" examples will be included. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8EcnFHoW94&feature=share&list=PL51E2E5F4F09F7468
- "Off Season Nutrition: Taming the Wild Beast" presented by Kim Schwabenbauer. Some athletes use the off-season as a license to go off the deep end with their habits and food choices. Late night snacking! Sure it’s the off-season! Double helpings of dessert? Yes please, why not! It may seem like gaining an extra 15+ pounds in the off-season is no big deal, but it can make starting back into training and your regular nutrition routine very difficult. Now is the perfect time to examine your habits, food choices and develop a balance between the training season and off-season. Learn how the body’s needs change during this time and how you can address those changes with your dietary choices. Finally, use helpful tips and tricks to make smart decisions when attending the endless holiday parties and gatherings that can add loads of unnecessary calories to your diet! Learn from Professional Triathlete, Registered Dietitian and USAT Level One Coach, Kim Schwabenbauer, RD, who has counseled over 250+ athletes to make better choices and achieve their nutrition and weight loss goals in the world of triathlon. http://youtu.be/xZdP0OyK4qw
- "Back to Basics: Base Training for Road and MTB Racing" presented by Curt Wilhelm, Owner/Head Coach at MTBCoach LLC. In this session we get back to the basics of base training. We'll cover what to do before base training, What base training is, why you should do it and some workouts to do during this training phase. http://youtu.be/80eVaIVvP4k
- Device Hangouts: Timex Devices and TrainingPeaks. (30 min) In this weekly hangout, we will discuss Timex devices and how they upload data into TrainingPeaks. We will cover common questions and FAQs regarding these devices. The TrainingPeaks Hangouts are designed to be short sessions that include time for Q&A. http://youtu.be/7j_QbTe8rTQ
- Device Hangouts: Garmin Devices and TrainingPeaks. (30 min) In this weekly hangout, we will discuss Garmin devices and how they upload data into TrainingPeaks. We will cover common questions and FAQs regarding these devices. The TrainingPeaks Hangouts are designed to be short sessions that include time for Q&A. http://youtu.be/vlciXLwBxDQ
- The Business of Coaching - Gordo Byrn, founder of Endurance Corner. "Given my background in business and athletics, I expected launching a coaching business to be straightforward. Reality proved far tougher, and expensive, than I expected! The story of Endurance Corner's early years illustrates common challenges we face as coaches. This webinar will help you create the long-term financial stability necessary to follow your passion." -Gordo http://youtu.be/Nlk73_PbnF4
- Ironman Race Execution, presented by Eric Kenney. Race day planning and execution for long course and 70.3 races. On race day its all about execution. making as few errors in pacing your day is absolutely fundamental to success. We will cover: What pace you should be swimming at, What power/ Hr and PE one should average on the bike, How to go about getting that avg./ or normalized power, What pace you should be aiming to run on race day. (the most common error), How lactate threshold fits into race day planning, How to prove your numbers in training, backing up the science with real world work and delivering you to the start with confidence and more knowledge than your competition. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25527462
- Measuring internal and external stress of pre/during/post TDF - How to balance it? by Stephen Gallagher from FORME Coaching Profiling a professional riders progression to the TDF via the Giro and Critérium du Dauphiné. Analysing the riders CTL, TSB and performance management charts pre/during/post TDF. How riders handle the stresses post TDF, e.g. crits and travel along with them maintaining and increasing form post TDF, factors that must be taken into account. How recovery is an essential ingredient and how it is fitted in around travel and racing post TDF. The difference on riders who go to the TDF with the aim of a peak in August/Sept to the guys going for the GC.https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/372674890
- Dave Scott's Mental Training Tactics and Race Day Strategies of World Champions.
It's not (just) about doing the physical training. Performing at your personal race best begins well before race day with a race strategy, measurable short-term goals and specific mental training tools. In this special webinar, Dave Scott – 6x Ironman World Champion and former coach to last year's Kona winner Chrissie Wellington – shares the mental training handbook that top athletes like Chrissie use to perform at their best on race day. Topics covered in this webinar include implementing a "winning" race day strategy, setting (and revising) short-term goals, building a mental road map for the course, taking a physical self-inventory during the race, being in (and getting back to being in) the moment, and overcoming performance dips and valleys. You will learn mental training tools that you can apply immediately to achieve your “winning” success, too. http://youtu.be/QqbHg_neqqI
- Preparation and Pacing for a 100 mile MTB Race with Mike Schultz from Highland Training.net and Dave Harris of LW Coaching.com This webinar discuss pacing strategies along with the final 6-8 weeks of training leading up to race day. http://youtu.be/xh5NBKgNlqE
- Practical Application of Power-Based Training (60 mins) with Jason Schisler. Many athletes train "with" a power meter, but fewer know how to effectively train "by" power. This webinar will provide an explanation of the difference and how to move toward the latter and apply those principles to daily training. http://youtu.be/Mn5go5zeM8U
- Race Week Strategies: Physical and Mental Strategies for a Solid Performance (60 mins) with Nicole Drummer What you do during the week of your race might not make your race performance, but it can certainly break it. This webinar, "Race Week Strategies: Physical and Mental Strategies for a Solid Performance" by Nicole Drummer, will provide you with concepts and strategies beyond your physical training that you can employ in your race planning so that you are fully prepared to race your best. http://youtu.be/IZ8rIczs_1E
- Blind Spots in Sports Nutrition (60 mins) with Dr. Andrea Wieland and Jeff Olson. This webinar, led by Dr. Andrea Wieland and Jeff Olson, will cover critical blind spots in sports nutrition, especially with regards to recovery. Wieland and Olson will all discuss specific ways to incorporate micro-nutrients in the form of phytochemicals that are essential to training and recovery. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/252281346
- Yoga for the Off-Season (50 mins) with Sage Rountree. This webinar, led by Sage Rountree, will cover practicing Yoga during your off-season. Sage will all discuss specific ways to incorporate yoga into your training. https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/461335770
- Targeted TSS For Ironman Training (77 mins) with Gordo Byrn and Alan Couzens of EnduranceCorner.com. Gordo and Alan will cover using TSS to target your Ironman training. Topics will include sample training weeks as well as a "TSS Budget" for Ironman race day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7SFuG0KJuN8
- Annual Training Plan, Planning your Season with Joe Friel (60 mins) This webinar, led by Joe Friel, will be an overview of planning and the purpose and methodology behind the ATP (Annual Training Plan). We will allow time for questions and answers.
- 5 Stages To Achieving Optimum Body Composition. (60 mins) Dr. Rick Kattouf II, CEO/Founder of TeamKattouf, Inc will be discussing how to achieve optimum body composition. The focus will be on understanding how the proper nutrition, weight training and heart rate training can bring about the body composition that you desire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oH7t3JkqgYw
- 3 Different Ways to Plan Your Off-Season. Mike Ricci of D3 Multisport will discuss getting the most from your off-season with Classic Periodization, Sport Rotation, and Periodization for the Experienced Athlete. Length = 40 mins. /videos/archived-webinars---professional-edition/3-different-ways-to-plan-your-off-season.aspx
- How to use your training device (HRM, GPS, Power Meter) with TrainingPeaks.com
View the archived webinar (.wmv video format)
- Easiest way to get data to TrainingPeaks.com
- How to “mark-up” a workout using WKO+ and send it to TrainingPeaks.com
- Bulk upload using Device Agent
- Reviewing Laps, Splits and Bests
- Deep dive into graphing and charting
- Configuring the Dashboard to visualize your fitness
- Saving routes
- Sharing your workouts on Twitter, Facebook or via Email