TrainingPeaks Desktop Companion
Desktop Companion will be discontinued and shutdown by October 2011
If you are currently using Desktop Companion and would like help converting to TrainingPeaks.com, please CONTACT US and we would be happy to help.
- Pentium 2, 500 Mhz, 128 Mb Ram, 20 Mb free space
- Windows 98, ME, 200, XP
- Microsoft.NET Framework, Runtime 1.1 (free from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com)
- Internet connection, modem or broadband, AOL and Earthlink compatible
- Existing TrainingPeaks Coach Edition account
The Desktop Companion software uses the latest Microsoft .NETtechnology allowing you to seamlessly work on or offline. You must havethe .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your computer to use the DesktopCompanion. You may already have it and not know it, particularly if youare running Windows XP. If the windowsupdate site does not show it onthe list, then you already have it installed.
Desktop Companion FAQs
Q: I don't see a save button, how do I save?
You don't have to! The program automatically saves your work for you. This occurs when you switch between athletes or when you close the application. It's done automatically, and your changes are tracked so when you bring up the Data Transfer dialog window, you can see what has been changed since the last time you uploaded data to the website.
Q: How does the program send and retrieve data from TrainingPeaks.com?
You can work offline and your clients easily log their data on the web for you to retrieve when necessary. No matter if you are on broadband or a dialup modem, our data transfer process is optimized to be as fast as possible. We've been on the road in those hotels and we made sure our application worked fast to save you time.
Q: Is there a limit to how many athletes I can schedule?
There is no limit, however, it is dependant on how many client-slots you have purchased in your online Coach Edition account. You are not allowed to create new athletes using the Desktop Companion. You can however create new training plans and add new workouts.
Please be aware of the following limitations to using TrainingPeaks Desktop Companion:
- Desktop Companion only syncs with the "Workouts (Classic)" library
- The "Workouts (Classic)" library is now ONLY editable from within Desktop Companion (edits to this library from Desktop Companion will sync up to the web)
- Thus, we recommend that Desktop Companion users only create new workouts in their library from within Desktop Companion
- Structured workouts are not backwards compatible to Desktop Companion
- If you need to plan or schedule a workout from TrainingPeaks.com, make sure that you choose Templates = "Workouts (Classic)" to schedule. If you schedule workouts from Templates = "Workouts", they will NOT carry over to Desktop Companion
- Basic Clients are not compatible with Desktop Companion, only Premium clients are accessible from Desktop Companion
- Workouts contained within the "Workouts (Classic)" library now display the Short Description within the Title field when viewed from the new interface of TrainingPeaks.com
To Edit/Create/Delete a workout in the "Workouts (Classic)" library within Desktop Companion, follow these steps:
Open the Workouts tab in Desktop Companion
Right click on any workout in the workout library list
A popup menu will appear that allows you to Edit/Create/Delete a workout:
Changes made to the "Workouts (Classic)" library will transfer to the web the next time you sync your Desktop Companion data