Training Stress Scores Backfiller
What is the Training Stress Score Backfiller Tool?
This tool allows you to populate missing Training Stress Scores (TSS) that are missing from your Performance Manager Chart (PMC) Pod, Workout Quick View Stats tab, or Spreadsheet view Score column. The TSS Backfiller tool is available to Personal Premium Edition TrainingPeaks.com subscribers.
Why is the the Training Stress Score Backfiller Tool Needed?
When you view a workout or the Performance Manager Pod, do you see Training Points not yet calculated? If so, please note that we have not gone back and calculated Training Stress Score for all previous workouts uploaded to TrainingPeaks.com. However, you can manually trigger a (re)calculation of Training Stress Score using the Training Stress Score Backfiller tool that can be found within the Options section of the Performance Manager Chart pod.
When would you need to use the TSS Backfiller?
There are two use cases when the TSS Backfiller Tool is necessary. Note that TSS is based on thresholds set in the Zones section of My Settings of your account. The TSS Backfiller Tool populates missing TSS scores caused by the following scenarios:
1. You have uploaded device files to your account prior to the release of our TSS feature, but have already have your thresholds set within your account 'My Settings'>'Zones'>Heart Rate Zones/Power Zones/ Pace/Speed Zones. In this use case, you will need to use the Backfiller Tool to isolate the date ranges that are missing the TSS scores, set the appropriate thresholds dependant on the set date ranges and workout types (ie. Power zones for bike, heart rate zones for runs, etc) and procede with the backfill.
2. You have uploaded device files to your account since the release of our TSS feature, but had not yet set your thresholds within your account 'My Settings'>'Zones'>Heart Rate Zones/Power Zones/ Pace/Speed Zones, then the TSS would not have had any threshold information to be based on, therefore requiring the Backfill Tool.
How do I use the Training Stress Score Backfiller Tool?
The following screenshots will go through the steps of using the TSS Backfiller Tool:
1. Note that in this screenshot the Score field is empty here for a workout that contains data required to calculate TSS, therefore the TSS Backfiller Tool should be used.
2. This screenshot shows the PMC pod located on the Dashboard view of your premium account. To open the TSS Backfiller Tool, you must first click onto the Options box
3. This screenshot shows the PMC pod Options window that includes the button that triggers the TSS Backfiller Tool
4. This will open up the Score (TSS) backfiller window where you can enter in desired date ranges, workout types and set your workout appropriate thresholds. **Please note that if you are selecting 'All' for workout type, make sure that you set all of your thresholds appropriate for this date range, otherwise your old scores will be overwritten with incorrect ones.**
5. Once you have the information in this window set properly, click 'Ok' to procede with the Backfiller to calculate and populate your missing TSS.