Garmin Compatible Training Plan Import
If you have purchased a Garmin Training Center compatible training plan at TrainingPeaks.com, please follow these steps to sync the plan to your Garmin device.
- First, apply your Training Plan to your Calendar so that it has a Start Date, following these instructions
- Once your plan has a Start Date set, and is loaded to your TrainingPeaks.com online account Calendar, the system will send an email to you (sent to the email address on file for your account) which contains an attached .tcx file
- Locate the sent email with the attached .tcx file, and save the .tcx file to your desktop (or any other easy to find location, like a downloads folder)
- Open Garmin Training Center
- Open the File menu and click Import > Workouts
- Browse to the file location where you saved the .tcx file from the email, then select the .tcx file and click Open
- When asked if you would like to add the scheduled workouts to your Garmin Training Center Calendar, we suggest clicking "Yes"
- The planned workouts will now be in Garmin Training Center. Please note that if you change the date of any workout within TrainingPeaks.com, you will have to manually change the workout's date within Garmin Training Center, and/or your Garmin device.
- To transfer the planned workouts from Garmin Training Center to your Garmin device, connect your device to the computer and turn it on. Then, click the Workouts tab in Garmin Training Center and click the Send to Device icon. Full instructions on transferring planned workouts to your Garmin can be found in the Garmin Training Center Help menu.