How to Add a Meal to the Calendar
Watch this short video clip on 'How to Add a Meal to the Calender':
Option A: Add a meal from your libary of saved meals. To do this, simply drag-and-drop the meal from your meal library to the calendar.
Option B: Create a meal directly on the calendar. Once you do this, you can choose to save the meal to your library for when you need to add it again in the future (and therefore, being able to use Option A above, a faster and more efficient way of adding meals to the calendar)
Instructions on Option B, Creating a Meal on your Calendar:
- Click on the calendar day and select "add new meal".
- Select the meal type from the "Meal type" drop down menu.
- You are now in the Quick View for this meal. At this point you can manually enter nutrition information for the meal. Or you can click the "Foods" tab to add the foods that make up your meal (recommended).
- Once you click the "Foods" tab, you can drag and drop foods to your meal. To do this, click 'View favorite foods' or 'Search for foods' buttons which will open up your foods libraries . It's a best practice to save frequently consumed foods to your "Favorite" library (click the yellow star on a food), but if you need to search for a food you can do that with the other food libraries listed.
- Once you have added all the foods that made up the meal, click the "Save" button. If you want to save this meal to your meal library, click "Options....Save to library".
Notes: You can change the quantity of the foods that you add by just deleting the current quantity amount and typing in the correct amount. This will update the nutritional content. For example, if you add bread but the quantity is 1 slice, you can make that 2.
Another tip: if you need to create a new meal that is similar to a meal in your library, you can add the existing meal to your calendar and then add/remove foods from the detailed view. Let's say you have a ham and cheese sandwich meal in your library, but today are having just ham, no cheese. You can add the ham/cheese sandwich to your calender and then either change the cheese quantity to '0' or click the 'x' next to the food and take it off the meal. Editing a meal on the calendar will NOT change the original meal in the library.